Together, we are creating a more sustainable local food system.
You may be surprised to learn that AIM does much more than organize eight award-winning Bay Area Certified Farmers Markets. AIM has been at the forefront of local food systems initiatives in Northern California for three decades. In fact, we work every day to promote a vibrant local food system and educate the public about the nutritional and economic benefits of buying locally grown food directly from farmers.
AIM’s community education programs really blossomed this year. When we weren’t organizing our 8 farmers markets, we were busy! In 2012, we:
- Gave free “Diggin’ the Farmers Market” tours to 1,200 kids of all ages
- Helped 5,000 low-income families and individuals access fresh, local, healthy food
- Provided over $58,000 in matching incentive funds to food stamp users shopping at our farmers markets
- Completed 65 farm audits by sending AIM staff to visit and verify our member farmers
- Participated in over 20 community events, with a combined attendance of 135,000 people, where we promoted nutrition, healthy eating, supporting local farmers, and sustainability
- Told the story of our local food system and farmers through educational advertising in dozens of local magazines, newspapers and media outlets throughout the Bay Area
We invite you to join us in our efforts to educate and promote a vibrant local food system.
Click below to make a tax deductible donation.
On behalf of AIM’s Members, Staff and Board of Directors, Thank You and Happy Holidays!