Potential fees for starting your farmers market business (these are some examples of fees that you can expect to encounter if you are accepted at one of AIM’s markets).
AIM Registration Fee: $150
Stall fee schedule:
All Fees are for a 10’ x 10’ space per day
- Farmer $50
- Rancher $55
- Food Prepared off-site(prepackaged) $55
- Food Prepared on-site (temporary food facility) $65
- Artisan $57-Sunday San Rafael, Oakland/Grand Lake
- Artisan $45-Thursday San Rafael, Hayward, Novato, Newark, Stonestown
- Agricultural Nonprofit/Sponsor $50
- Commercial Vendor $65
*Winter rates (December – March) $5 per 10′ stall discount
The health permit and business liability insurance fees are estimates and can change at any time. Additional fees and/or permits may be required.
Health Permit (for prepackaged and on-site food booths) fees vary: $375-$1100 per year
Business Liability insurance (prices vary): $500-$1000 (or more) per year
AIM does not recommend any particular insurance agency. Some following
North Bay Insurance Brokers, Inc
Hartford Insurance Company
You are responsible for bringing your own equipment such as tents, tables, chairs, etc.